Membership is essential to COVE’s credibility and financial sustainability. Support COVE for the satisfaction of knowing and contributing to assurances that:
1. Issues effecting Vermont seniors are being monitored. COVE is keeping watch.
2. Vermont seniors are represented during the entire Legislative Session.
3. Forums are held throughout the state encouraging dialogue between local Legislators and citizens.
4. Senior issues are raised and represented in over 40 statewide task forces, advisory and planning groups, legislative studies etc.
5. COVE is engaged in and serves best through multiple and meaningful collaborations, partnerships and coalitions.
6. COVE has long term knowledge and relationships within the long term care communities.
7. COVE is a well respected, locally governed 31 year old Vermont based consumer advocacy organization.
8. COVE is non partisan and works effectively with all parties and affiliations.
9. COVE has a legacy of strong and capable leadership of its President: Nancy Lanoue and a very active Board of Directors comprised of statewide consumers, seniors, professionals in the aging field, business and retired legislators.
10. COVE evaluates and prioritizes issues & concerns in accordance with deeply held core values and principles reflecting self determination, choice, and social justice.
11. Vermont’s aging population is growing-requiring even more attention to public policy, planning & advocacy.
12. COVE has a track record in positively influencing public policy, legislation, rules & regulations that protect the rights and interests of seniors.
13. COVE vigilantly speaks to the needs of Vermont’s most medically frail, economically disadvantaged, and geographically isolated elders.
14. COVE has successfully managed important initiatives such as Better Jobs Better Care, the development of the Vermont Association of Professional Care Providers and other activities that address the “CareGap”
15. Decisions are made locally here in Vermont, not at some national headquarters.
16. COVE is engaged in public education that helps prevent such things a Medicare error, fraud & abuse through interesting and enjoyable educational programs like the Savvy Sennior Performances.
17. COVE follows the trail of legislative bills and policy to actual program implementation and consumer satisfaction.
18. COVE has recognized and supports the essential role that care givers and care partners play in promoting independence and well being of folks needing care and support.
19. COVE engages one of the most highly respected and capable policy advisors and consumer lobbyist in Vermont-Michael Sirotkin.
There are two membership categories to choose from:
- If you are interested in becoming a member, Click here
- If you represent a non-profit organization or a for-profit corporation, you can join many other organizations that have a vested interest in the well-being of Vermont elders. Click here to register.
To become a member online:
To become a member by mail:
Click here and complete and return this invoice with your payment to:
P.O. Box 1276
Montpelier, VT 05601
How much for a Membership?
Additional tax-deductible contribution